Osteopathy is an art of using the hands to facilitate self-healing reaches to the root of the problem while assessing and treating the whole body. The goal of the osteopathic treatment is to restore normal functioning by unlocking and facilitating adequate healing processes.
Prior to treatment a thorough assessment and health history review is conducted. Every client is assessed and treated using evidence-based approach to achieve their full health potential through an individualized treatment plan.
In addition to manual techniques like soft tissue manipulation, release techniques and joint mobilization techniques, an application of modalities such as therapeutic ultrasound, electrotherapy (TENS, IFC, Muscle stimulation), and hot/cold therapy may also be included.
As an addition to that, our Osteopathic Manual Practitioner also utilizes:
LLLT (Low Level Laser Therapy) is a form of energy that can create physiological changes in tissue. LLLT is non-invasive and painless therapy that can penetrate at a depth of up to 5 cm.
- Laser Acupuncture is a painless treatment with no risk of infection related to needle penetration, where Acupuncture is combined with bio-stimulating effects of laser for:
- Acceleration of tissue healing
- Increased circulation
- Pain reduction
- Decreased inflammation
- Reduction of swelling
- Modulation of body’s immune system
- Enhancement of peripheral nerve growth
- Stimulation of acupuncture points
Kinesiology Taping using Bodymaster Method®
- Kinesiology tape is usually worn 3-5 days providing 24/7 benefits, without causing problems to the underlying tissues or restrictions to the associated joints. Kinesiology taping is a helpful addition to therapeutic protocol, used together with a multitude of other treatments and modalities and is very effective during the rehabilitative process in both acute and chronic conditions, as well as a preventative measure. Kinesiology taping has been clinically shown to help with the natural response to inflammation, targeting different receptors within the somatosensory system. Appropriate application of taping helps alleviate pain and facilitates lymphatic drainage by lifting the skin creating distortions, increasing interstitial space and allowing a decrease of inflammation, plus:
- Normalizes muscular function
- Increases blood and lymphatic flow by elimination of tissue fluid or bleeding under the skin
- Reduces pain through neurological suppression
- Helps correct possible joint misalignments by reducing increased muscle tension and helping to influence the function of both fascia and muscle
- Increases proprioception through increased stimulation to receptors in the skin
Some of the most common conditions treated by our Osteopathic Manual Practitioner:
- Acute and chronic pain conditions (e.g. osteoarthritis)
- Pain in back, neck and joints
- Soft tissue spasms and restrictions
- Circulatory conditions
- Overuse syndromes
- Sprains and strains including postural strains
- Inflammatory conditions
- Neuropathy (e.g. diabetic, chemotherapy induced)
- Sports injuries